3 December, 2020
Major drug operation closed after 20 months
A TOTAL of 19 people have been charged with 174 offences, among them, three Longreach men, as Longreach detectives closed the 20-month long Operation Romeo Porcelain on Wednesday, November 18.
The investigation commenced in March 2019 and targeted the trafficking of methylamphetamine in the Longreach region, resulting in the shutdown of a major trafficking operation.
Officer-in-Charge of the Longreach Criminal Investigation Branch, Detective Sergeant Brett Long, said the investigation began following information received from Crime Stoppers.
“Over time we were able to uncover a system of trafficking methylamphetamine that was purchased in the south-east corner and transported via a number of different methods to Longreach, where a distribution network was in place,” Detective Sergeant Long said.
Longreach Police located methylamphetamine, MDMA, cannabis and just over $9000 in cash when the operation was closed last week. Weapons including a flick knife, knuckledusters, ammunition and an electric conductive device were also seized.
local man was charged with three counts of trafficking, as well as 86 counts of
supplying dangerous drugs, and weapons and other drug offences.
Longreach man was charged with drug trafficking, possession of property obtained
by trafficking, two counts of attempt to possess dangerous drugs and 11 counts
of supplying dangerous drugs.
Longreach man was also charged with trafficking and 10 counts of supplying dangerous
All three men are
due to appear in the Longreach Magistrates Court on January 19, 2021.